Any of you who have joined us on our Summer or Fall Rocky Mountain Photography Workshops, you know how fun they are and what a wonderful adventure they are for photographers! Join us again! Tell your friends!
Rocky Mountain Summer Photography Workshop
Rocky Mountain Fall Photography Workshop
I wanted to give you all an extra encouragement to JOIN US THIS YEAR for a variety of reasons! Want me to list the reasons? Well here ya go:
- The workshops are already filling up! Also lodging options are also filling up fast. Don’t wait to the last minute to sign up and be disappointed that you missed out!
- Join us while you can!! At least right now, I do not know for sure if I will offer them in 2023. I’m just not sure yet. I might take a break? If you have really been wanting to go, do it this year!!
- Read some of the reviews from former workshop participants! That is reason enough to sign up! Just scroll down to the bottom of this post!
- We have had participants return and do the workshop again many times! Yes, it’s that much fun!
- The workshops are VERY reasonably priced for all you are getting! The 4 day workshop includes over 40 hours of learning and adventures with two pre-trip meetings, plus some additional learning options (Summer – Fall)! The 9 day options offer you double the experiences, wildlife photo opportunities and double the fun!
- Do you have a non-photographer spouse/partner who would like to join you on this big adventure? They are welcome to join us at no additional fee! Bring them with you!
- Love nature photography? – Landscapes, Mountains, Waterfalls, Rivers, Lakes, Wildlife, Elk, Deer, Moose, Big Horn Sheep, Marmots, Birds, Sunrises, Wildflowers, Aspen Fall Colors, etc. This is the workshop for you!
- Group Sizes are intentionally kept small!
- We follow all national park guidelines and have obtained required permits to lead these workshops in the park.
- Your workshop leader, Kevin Gourley, has years of experience leading these workshops in this magnificent national park.
“A 5 star experience from beginning to end…”
- “I just returned from Kevin Gourley’s fall photography workshop in Rocky Mountain National Park. Wow! The level of preparation, expertise and personal attention Kevin put into his workshop was exceptional and truly made this experience outstanding. Kevin traveled days ahead of the workshop to ensure the best locations for fall foliage, wildlife sightings and waterfalls. He pointed out optimal stances for photographs which was very helpful for me as a novice. He even offered helpful advice after each day’s session. The two sessions prior to our adventure helped me know what to expect on a practical level and helped me better understand technical aspects of photography. I’m extremely pleased with the entire experience and would highly recommend Kevin Gourley’s workshops to anyone looking for a top-notch photography experience.”
- “Fantastic opportunity for improving photography skills. Kevin’s detailed understanding of Rocky Mountain National Park provides a lot of wildlife viewing/photography opportunities by being at the right place at the right time. Kevin’s leadership and positive attitude sets the tone for excellent communications, sharing and a fantastic time for all. This is the most organized photography workshop I have ever attended.”
- “This workshop has been outstanding! I’d rate this as an 11.5 on a scale of 1-10!!”
- “The workshop in RMNP was a truly wonderful experience. Kevin’s thorough knowledge of photography, RMNP, pre trip planning and scoping out current conditions before we arrived provided excellent photo opportunities. Kevin communicates so well that it takes all the guess work out of the trip. Kevin is knowledgable, patient, kind and provides individual help when requested. Our small group bonded quickly and new friendships were made. I hope for the opportunity to return again for a future workshop.”
- “Having attended Kevin Gourley’s Rocky Mountain Workshop, I can assure you that it was one of the best Wildlife Photography experiences I have ever had. Importantly, not only are the photo ops incredible, Kevin makes the entire trip seamlessly smooth from accommodations, restaurant choices and reservations, to travel to the various locations. To top off the experience, Kevin also provides excellent instruction in photography enabling even the most amateur photographer the ability to learn and to come away with excellent images that anyone would treasure for a lifetime. I cannot recommend this trip in particular or any of Kevin’s workshops in general more highly.” Dr. S. Hurwitz
- “What did I like about the workshop? All of it. Your pre trip planning, communication, accommodations, shooting locations, your kindness, expertise, willingness answer all questions and even extra help during the down time. I loved being at RMNP with you. You and Gail made us feel like family. I also enjoyed eating together at different restaurants (all great choices) as a group. I enjoyed being in a small group so we all got to know each other and have personal attention when needed. I enjoyed never being rushed at any location and all of the beautiful scenery and animals and our very close proximity to the park entrance.”
- “I have taken classes in the studio and have had the opportunity to be in Rocky Mtn. National Park with Kevin. You can always count on Kevin to deliver understandable content, be attentive to your questions and needs. I highly recommend Kevin as a consummate professional and better person.” – Dennis Ellis
- “The Rocky Mountain Photography Workshop turned out to be the perfect opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the Rockies while learning with a small group of incredible photographers. I learned every day both from Kevin and other photographers in the small group. I cannot imagine a better opportunity than this workshop for photographers who love nature and want to hone their skills.”
- “Kevin guided us to a variety of great photographic places when the lighting was ideal. We were able to photograph beautiful lake and mountain sunrises, a lot of wildlife including moose and many herds of elk. Kevin knew when to be at different areas when there were the best chances to see wildlife. Thanks Kevin for a great trip.”
- “Kevin is an excellent workshop leader. He takes you to the best spots at the right time and gets you set up to get your best photos. Highly recommend.”
- “The workshop was outstanding because we had total access to Kevin and Gail’s knowledge and experience in photography. We were presented with multiple shooting locations and lighting situations from which to learn. Kevin was always available to provide advice and help resolve any problems with camera settings or answer questions. The availability of daily photo reviews permitted one to make any adjustments to shooting techniques before the next day. This was the most hands-on learning experience I have had and I look forward to more with Kevin.”
- “This workshop provided a broad depth of experiences in the RMNP because Kevin is so knowledgeable about the area and about the best way to photograph it. I really appreciated the care given to maximize each student’s experience, no matter their skill level. I will definitely consider taking other trips with Kevin and Gail.”
- “Could not be happier with how the workshop turned out. Everyone involved was so nice and easy to get along with. Kevin was an excellent teacher – patient, explained well, relaxed and never felt rushed or that I may be holding others back. It was very rewarding and would highly recommend Kevin’s workshops!!”
- “Kevin is a natural-born teacher and superbly facilitated the group while providing one-on-one attention. I learned a lot without feeling overwhelmed with technical details and had fun in the process. I highly recommend this workshop!”
- “This exceeded all my expectations!”
- “The natural beauty of RMNP was enhanced by Kevin’s knowledge of the park and locations that were custom picked for great photographic shots. Kevin’s calm, patient and knowledgeable teaching style meant that everyone, at whatever level they were at, felt comfortable asking questions, making mistakes, learning from them and then getting immeasurably better pictures as a result. The improvement in my photography from Day 1 to Day 4 was unbelievable. I came thinking the auto settings on my camera really took better pictures than I did, and I left seeing and believing that the pictures I now understood how to take were vastly superior to anything the camera could capture in auto mode. It was a 5 star experience from beginning to end.“
- “This is a workshop you can’t afford to miss! I came to the workshop with a goal of never using Auto settings again… I achieved that and more. Kevin is such a great teacher and is able to work with photographers of all levels. He made everyone comfortable, I am from Virginia and did not know anyone in the group (as were several others) by the end of the work shop I had made a group of new friends! We were able to get so many landscape and wildlife pictures. The whole experience was amazing. I’m ready to sign up for the next workshop! Thank you Kevin” – Barb
- “The Rocky Mountain Summer Photography Workshop was an amazing experience! The success of the workshop begins with the organization and preparation of the instructor. Kevin and Gail were superbly organized and prepared! It was a treat to be lead to the best spots at the optimum time of the day to photograph the spectacular beauty and wildlife in the park. They demonstrated great flexibility and adaptability in meeting the needs of the group with the ever changing clouds, weather, and wildlife. It was also an incredible learning experience having a photography professional available to coach and instruct on the best methods for creatively composing a scene, capturing stunning images, and the correct use of a wide range of photographic equipment. Not only can I wholeheartedly recommend this workshop, but I’m already scheduled for a Rocky Mountain Fall Photography Workshop with Kevin!”
- “Thanks for another spectacularly successful workshop in Rocky Mountain National Park! The conditions were even more challenging than last Summer, yet everything progressed flawlessly. We were at the right place at the right time to capture some incredible images. Thanks for everything!”