This is part of our series on people making a positive difference in our community! We open up our studio on Monday nights for all kinds of fascinating programs. This isn’t about photography. It’s about LIFE!
Who: Guest Speaker David Dauber
When: Monday December 16th 7pm
Where: Kevin Gourley Photography Studio,
11740 Jollyville Rd. Suite 400, Austin, TX map
Price: Always free, all are invited!
David Dauber is passionate about making a difference. He recently took on the role of Accessibility Specialist in the Civil Rights Department of the State of Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) in Austin, Texas. Since 2007, David has been a co-producer, performer, writer and promoter of The Gene and Dave Show, an often-comical glimpse into the lives and lifestyles of people with disabilities which airs on Austin’s local public access television station and worldwide via an internet site with the same name. The Gene and Dave Show has been awarded two Media awards from the City of Austin Mayor’s Committee for People with Disabilities and a Telly award. Their website also received a first-place award during one of Knowbility’s internet accessibility competition.
[This bio is from https://knowbility.org/instructor/david-dauber/ ]
RSVP by sending an email to
If you’d like to bring a party finger-food / snack , you are welcome to, but not required.
On Monday nights, we host various guest speakers, and book/video discussions, dinner outings, etc. throughout the year! Anyone’s invited. We’d love to have you join us. We call the group LifeInsights.
Some of our recent speakers include:
- Kaylee Lartigue: Kaylee progressively lost her hearing as a young child but never let that hold her back. She’s an activist advocating for the Deaf community. More info: Deaf Girl Evolution. In May of 2019 Kaylee started her own nonprofit called Deaf Dreams to help people who are Deaf and hard of hearing follow their dreams and to give people access to technology that they may not have due to lack of health insurance and/or finances.
- Matt Freeman: Spiritual Director for Mobile Loaves & Fishes – Community First! Village
- Deborah Cole: MSF, LUT Author of Forthcoming Book: “Letting Go: How Less Becomes More”
- Nichola Cotto: Photographer and founder of an amazing organization: We Are Not Broken
- Bill Schoening: Radio Voice of the San Antonio Spurs helping make a positive impact on men incarcerated in Texas prisons.
- Kelly Jones: Founder of Unbridled Connection – Creating Connections Between Horses and Humans
- Fiona McInally: The Missing Connections in the Fight Against Poverty
- Darius Pettway: Darius is working to restore opportunity to young adults by providing them with tools of leadership, self-empowerment and conflict resolution. He is a published author and founder of Walls of Life.
Anyone is invited to attend! RSVP by sending an email to