I have always been a believer that the best way to live life is to focus on what we DO have rather than what we DON’T have. When we look at life through the lens of gratitude, we see the small things that are most meaningful, and in fact we most likely will find they are not “things” at all.
I am so deeply grateful for:
- I am grateful for my family
- I am grateful for my friends (too numerous to count)
- I am grateful for this life God has blessed me with
- I am grateful for my Church family
- I am even grateful for the hardships, because I learned important lessons
- I am grateful for all my friends who were also my coworkers in my previous career in the Austin tech world
- I am grateful for my 2nd half of life career in photography (I always, in my heart, knew this was what I was supposed to be doing)
- I am grateful for all of my clients whom I really see as my friends (you have blessed my life in more ways than you know)
- I am grateful for our memories on our various adventures on our workshops in Colorado, Oklahoma, and Texas
- I am grateful to have been able to take you on these adventures
- I am grateful I was able to help you in your photography in some way
- I am grateful that you have enabled me to pursue my love of photography and teaching as my career
- I am grateful for our LifeInsights group
- Our friendships made
- Our personal sharing of viewpoints, laughter, a few tears
- Our dinner outings
- Our adventure beating drums around a campfire
- I am grateful for all of the incredibly wonderful people I have met through all this who are boldly going out and devoting their lives in making this world a better place. You all inspire me. (I think you know who you are.)
- I am grateful that even though I am not financially wealthy, in other ways I am the richest man in the world.
Bless you all on this Thanksgiving Day
“Life gives us brief moments with another…but sometimes in those brief moment we get memories that last a life time…”
“This moment contains all moments.”
The art of life is to live in the present moment, and to make that moment as perfect as we can by the realization that we are the instruments and expression of God Himself.
Don’t look back on happiness, or dream of it in the future. You are only sure of today; do not let yourself be cheated out of it.
Henry Ward Beecher
Life is a great and wondrous mystery, and the only thing we know that we have for sure is what is right here right now. Don’t miss it.
Living in the moment means letting go of the past and not waiting for the future. It means living your life consciously, aware that each moment you breathe is a gift.
One day at a time–this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.
Ida Scott Taylor
Each moment in time we have it all, even when we think we don’t.
“Life is all memory, except for the one present moment that goes by you so quickly you hardly catch it going.”