Click Here for Other Austin Photographer Events
This event has already ended, and it was a big success!
Many thanks to all who supported this. A special 'Thank You' goes out to Anna Herd for the inspiration and all the work she did to make this vision a reality.
You can read more about the event below:
'Pics & Pizza' - A Photography Gift to the Community
A Photographer Volunteer Opportunity
Join us as we organize an event taking place in March 2016, offering an opportunity to celebrate community, spring, and local living at the beautiful new Community First! Village. The Community First! Village is a 27-acre master-planned community that provides affordable, sustainable housing and a supportive community for the chronically homeless in Central Texas.
At this event, called 'Pics and Pizza', volunteer photographers will provide free portraits for the estimated 80 - 100 residents!
Primary Goals for This Event:
- Provide every resident at Community First! Village with a FREE framed portrait, and some 4x6 prints of themselves along with an electronic copy on a USB drive.
- Ensure that a happy atmosphere is maintained to make it a great experience for everyone.
- Pizza, non-alcoholic beverages, and live music will be provided.
Yes! You Can Help... We Need Your Help!
Here are some ways you can help.
- It looks like we may have enough volunteers! Yay! Thank You!!
- Volunteer to be one of the photographers at the event
- Assist a photographer
- Assist in other ways, greeter, etc.
- Help with post-processing, editing, retouching
- Donations to Support the Event
- Printing (Many thanks to Color Inc Pro Lab for providing the printing!)
- USB thumb drives (Many thanks to the LIFE Class of Bethany United Methodist Church for donating these!)
- Music (Provided by the wonderfully talented Mike Vasquez!)
- Pizza, food/beverages
- Funds to defray costs PLEASE CLICK HERE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE!
- Important: Volunteers who work at the Pics and Pizza event will be required to tour the Community First Village property before the event and will need to sign a Mobile Loaves & Fishes volunteer agreement and waiver. Community First! Village was created to promote dignity and a supportive community for the chronically homeless. Photographs taken at the event must not be used to promote any product, service or place other than Community First! Village.
We truly appreciate Color Inc Pro Photo Lab for providing the printing for this event!
What is Community First! Village?
Community First! Village is a 27-acre master-planned community that will provide affordable, sustainable housing and a supportive community for the disabled, chronically homeless in Central Texas. This incredible community project is organized by Mobile Loaves & Fishes Inc. of Austin, TX.
You can read more about it here: http://mlf.org/community-first/
- Community First! Village Includes:
- An innovative mix of affordable housing options
- Places for worship, study, and fellowship
- Memorial garden and columbarium
- A community garden featuring fruit- and nut-bearing trees and vegetables
- A chicken operation, bee hives producing fresh honey, and aquaponics
- A workshop with tool bank and art gallery for micro-enterprise opportunities
- A medical facility for physical and mental health screenings and support services including hospice and respite care
- Walking trails
- An outdoor theater and bed & breakfast for mission visits
- CAP Metro bus stop