Online Learning Opportunity!
Flash Photography Essentials Class
LEARN THE ESSENTIAL INFORMATION YOU NEED TO USE ELECTRONIC FLASHES / SPEEDLIGHTS!
- Learn how to:
- Operate and more effectively use your electronic flash / speedlights!
- Blend flash with existing light for more natural looking photographs
- Kevin will show you several demonstrations with Canon Speedlites but the techniques you learn really can apply to all brands of flashes
- Approximately 2.5 Hours Total Class Time
- Online Interactive Webinar Using Zoom Online Video Conferencing (It's easy to set up and use!)
- Questions always welcome during the class presentation
- Topics Covered:
- How to create beautiful natural looking lighting with electronic flashes
- Types and common features of electonic flashes
- What features really matter
- The camera's Popup Flash and how to use it and when to not use it
- External Flashes / Speedlights
- TTL Automatic Flash, how it works
- Manual flash control
- Guide Numbers, what are they?
- Flash sync speed
- Direct and bounced lighting techniques
- Flash light modifiers
- Balancing ambient (existing light) with flash light for optimal results
- Various Configurations
- On-Camera Flash
- Off-Camera Flashes
- High Speed Sync
- Multi-Light configurations
- Commander/Remote (Master/Slave Configuration)
- S1/S2 triggering
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Equipment compatability
- Modes that may cause problems
- Understanding of the basics of photography including setting exposure modes, ISO, aperture, and shutter speed.
- If you don't know much about these factors, I recommend you take my Photography Essentials class first!
- "Taking quality pictures with a flash is a complex process. Kevin has simplified things so I can now use my flash with confidence!"
- "I've been to several workshops and Kevin's is by far the best in terms of practical learning and experience you can use every day."
- Let us know if you'd like us to add another session soon.
- Tuesday Sept 8 6:30pm-9pm CDT
- YOU set the price when you register!
- Suggested price is $59, but give a little more if you can (to help us out), or pay a little less if needed.
Here are a variety of images created with flashes/speedlights: