Need to learn the important fundamentals of photography? Start Here!
- Spend five glorious, photography-filled days in the Texas Hill Country capturing some of wonders of all that the world around us has to offer. Learn more about the art of photography, and increase your skill level.
- This retreat is PERFECT for beginner and intermediate level photographers with DSLR or Mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras!
- If you have been shooting in ‘Auto’ mode, you have been missing out on so many other great features in your camera. This class takes you beyond ‘automatic’ and teaches you important fundamentals of photography every photographer should know.
- This is a 50/50 mix of classroom instruction and fun outdoor photography activities which will help reinforce what you learn in the classroom
- The classroom instruction will ensure you have a firm understanding of the fundamentals of photography and how to use your camera most effectively to create excellent images.
- We will cover both the technical and artistic aspects of photography including creative techniques.
- Mo Ranch is a beautiful Christian ranch retreat facility. As hosts for this wonderful workshop, Mo Ranch will include an element of "worship" into this amazing experience. Whether you are a Christian or not, we bet you'll love this workshop.
Put what you learn in class into practice around Mo-Ranch’s 500 acres:
- In a beautiful photographer’s paradise on the North Fork of the Guadalupe River with hiking trails and habitats including aquatic, riparian areas, grasslands, oak-juniper woodlands and limestone hills.
- Explore the fascinating architecture of the many buildings on the ranch.
- Participants can capture wildlife, such as birds, in different feeding and travel patterns.
- By late March, the wildflowers at Mo-Ranch and the nearby Hill Country habitat include Bluebonnets, Wine Cups, Indian Paintbrushes, Indian Blanket, Antelope Horn Milkweed, Milk Vetch, Spiderwort, Texas Lantana, Drummond’s Phlox, Texas Groundsel, Texas Vervain, White Prickly Poppies, Pink Evening Primrose and many, many more.
- Weather permitting, we will also try to capture some beautiful sunrise photos and for those willing to stay up late, we’ll show you how to create great images of the beautiful night sky and Milky Way.
- Attend/take the workshop with a photographer friend and you can share a room to reduce costs!
yes, this is a porcupine :-)