We’re having a great time in our Rocky Mountain Fall Photography Workshop! Aspen are gradually turning this year, revealing fall colors. We’ve seen elk, deer, moose, pika, coyotes, mountains, rivers, cascades, waterfalls, sunrises and many photo opportunities!
I hope you’ll join us on either our Summer or Fall Rocky Mountain Workshop in 2018. Register soon though. It is filling up fast with just a few spaces left in each group. If you register by October 1st, you can save up to $100!
Also don’t forget to check out my new book!
Group A – wonderful group of photographers!
Aspen on a beautiful sunny day!
We experienced some snow in the upper elevations. This is Long’s Peak.
Beautiful falls and cascades
Only a few wildflowers are left by now.
Elk are so fun to watch in the Fall
Splashes of color in the Aspen trees
I have a Light & Photography Workshop starting soon and I want to make SURE you consider joining us!
You can master the camera settings, exposure modes, aperture, shutter speeds, depth of field, focal lengths, and still take a bad photo! What I cover in my Light & Photography Workshop is absolutely essential for every photographer who wants to create better images. Yes, you need to learn about your camera first, but in this Workshop we explore the world of LIGHT and the importance of mastering the use and manipulation of light to create better images.
Especially, if you have taken my Photography 101 Workshop or my Photography: Mastering the Fundamentals Class, I wholeheartedly urge you to consider signing up for the Light & Photography Workshop that’s coming up on:
Whether you are a portrait photographer or you like nature and landscape photography, LIGHT is the ESSENTIAL ingredient common to all photography. If you use the techniques I show you in this class to more effectively use light in your images, your photography will improve!
- Learn how to take great shots even in “bad light” conditions.
- Frustrated with your flash photography? You’ll learn how to create great flash photographs.
- Improve all of your photographs through improved lighting techniques
- Get creative! Have fun using light in all sorts of creative ways to produce stunning results.
- This class is a mix of classroom instruction combined with live demonstrations, hands-on activities and class projects, and homework.
Also, a real bonus is the Studio Lighting Add-On Session which you can sign up for if you take this class! You will have a chance to take your own great images with a professional model in my studio using my studio lighting, with my help!
Students are Saying:
- “I thoroughly enjoyed Kevin’s Light & Photography Workshop. The classroom sessions struck a nice balance of academic lessons that answered many questions and explained principles that I was aware of but didn’t fully comprehend and demonstrations of those principles. It was enlightening and refreshing to get clarity! I also found it invaluable to setup and work with my own equipment in the studio while Kevin guided the discovery process. After taking the class, I understand light better, and most importantly, improved my photography. Thanks, Kevin!” -Mike Johanns
- “Kevin is an amazing teacher. Love that the classes were small enough that it was almost like having a private tutoring lesson. He encouraged us to ask questions, and was extremely knowledgeable in giving us answers and or solutions to them. I would definitely recommend one of his classes. I’ve felt a little light bulb go off in my mind, many of times. If you’re like me, and love photography and want to learn all there is, this is the place to be.”
If you love photography and you love the beauty of nature, then I urge you to seriously consider joining us on our adventures in Rocky Mountain National Park this Summer. Our Rocky Mountain Photography Workshop will take you to beautiful mountain vistas, waterfalls, cascades, and rivers. We’ll experience some sunrises from the side of a mountain as we watch the park awaken into a new day of adventure. We’ll photograph all sorts of wildlife including elk, moose, marmots, big horn sheep, and on occasion maybe even a bear.
It is hard to imagine the majesty of Rocky Mountain National Park. It is a true national treasure. You have to experience it for yourself.
You can register for our photographic adventure either as a 4 day or 9 day option. Plus, we have two pre-trip meetings to prepare you for the trip. This is your chance to experience this amazing place with fellow photographers. You’ll get your own great shots of mountains, waterfalls, wildflowers, and wildlife.
We stay in a wonderful lodge right on Fall River, just a couple of miles from the entrance to the park. One evening, we host a cookout right on Fall River. Unique to our workshops: You are welcome to bring a significant-other/family member (adult) along on the trip with you at no additional charge!
Student comments summarize the experience pretty well:
- “The natural beauty of RMNP was enhanced by Kevin’s knowledge of the park and locations that were custom picked for great photographic shots. Kevin’s calm, patient and knowledgeable teaching style meant that everyone, at whatever level they were at, felt comfortable asking questions, making mistakes, learning from them and then getting immeasurably better pictures as a result. The improvement in my photography from Day 1 to Day 4 was unbelievable. I came thinking the auto settings on my camera really took better pictures than I did, and I left seeing and believing that the pictures I now understood how to take were vastly superior to anything the camera could capture in auto mode. It was a 5 star experience from beginning to end.“
- “This is a workshop you can’t afford to miss! I came to the workshop with a goal of never using Auto settings again… I achieved that and more. Kevin is such a great teacher and is able to work with photographers of all levels. He made everyone comfortable, I am from Virginia and did not know anyone in the group (as were several others) by the end of the work shop I had made a group of new friends! We were able to get so many landscape and wildlife pictures. The whole experience was amazing. I’m ready to sign up for the next workshop! Thank you Kevin” – Barb
TIME IS RUNNING OUT and SPACE IS LIMITED
If you are thinking about registering, please know our lodging options will go away pretty soon because Rocky Mountain National Park is a popular destination. If you are “on the fence” or if you have any questions, please contact us NOW. Let’s TALK before you miss out on such an amazing experience.
We truly want YOUR SMILING FACE in our next group picture
in Rocky Mountain National Park!
We just announced our first Rekindle Workshop for 2017! It is a unique and inspiring workshop for photographers. This will be 5 weekday sessions beginning February 20th, 2017.
Sometimes we reach a point where we just need to pause and reconnect with…
… why we fell in love with photography!
You might have reached a point where you feel uninspired, ‘burned out’, or just feel like you have lost that spark of creativity.
Maybe you just don’t feel good about the images you are creating, like they’re ‘missing something’.
Perhaps you need some fresh ideas to help you grow as a photographer.
Or you are new to photography and even though you know the fundamental technical stuff, you want to explore more of the artistry of photography.
This workshop will help you rediscover your love of photography and how you see the world around you. It will help you work your way past creativity roadblocks you may be experiencing. Join us for this special workshop. Register soon and take advantage of our $20 Early Registration Discount!
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO AND TO REGISTER